Hui Juan Melgårdsbakken is originally from Nanjing of China. She has lived in Norway since 1991, Norwegian Citizenship since 1998. She is currently focusing on oil paintings and monotype. The works often reflect the human and human associations with nature and beauty value. She is living and working in Oslo now.
- 2010-2011 Christiania Kunstakademi Norway
- 2008 Xi’an Academy of Fine Arts in China (Graphice)
- 2003-2005 Oslo Kunst Fagskole (Oslo Tegne og male skole) Norway
- 2017 Yangzhou Eight StrangeMemorial，China
- 2017 Beijing Water Cube Art space, China
- 2015 Gallery Sugarbox, Skurups Kommune, Sweden
- 2014 Jiangsu Provincial Art Museum, China
- 2014 Ski City Hall- vestibylen. Norway
- 2013 Taihe Arts Space. Yanan, China
- 2013 Gallery Cuben. Oslo, Norway
- 2012 Skedsmo Main Library. Norway
- 2010 Skedsmo Main Library. Norway
- 2006 Gallery Kunst-Treff . Oslo, Norway
- 2006 Gallery Kvinnelist\Mamen . Moss, Norway
- 2016 Østutstillingen 2016 , Norway
- 2014 Exhibition Hall, The Cultural Palace of Nationalities. Beijing China (selected)
- 2014 Romerikes Exhibition 2014. Norway (selected)
- 2014 Gallery Den Kinesiske Eske. Oslo, Norway
- 2013 Romerikes Exhibition 2013. Norway (selected)
- 2010 Gallery Cuben. Oslo, Norway
- 2010 Gallery Sigvardson. Rødby, Denmark
- 2009 Gallery Sigvardson. Rødby, Denmark
- 2004 Gallery Oslo City Hall. Oslo, Norway (selected)
- 2017 Yang Zhou Eight Strange Memorial ,China; Oil painting «Green figure 2 »
- 2014 Jiangsu Provincial Art Museum in Nanjing, China; Monotype «Old Vinegar » and «Pottery »
- 2010 Christiania Kunstakademi, Norway; Sketch «Candle Holders»
- 2016 Member of the council of Jiangsu International Cultural Exchange Center.
- 2014 Participated in the gathering in Xinjiang of Foreign Chinese Artists arranged by the overseas Chinese Affairs office of the State Council of P.R of China.
- 2014 Curatorial projects Exhibition “ Chinese Ink and Norwegian Oil painting” in Norway.
- 2013 Established “Norwegian Chinese Arts Association” as President, in collaboration with other Norwegian-Chinese.
- 2012 Participated in the Chinese calligraphy Channel Spring Art Exhibition.
- 2010 Granted Yan an Artists Association Membership and also served as a board member.
- 2008 Participated in earthquake disaster relief donation activities in Xi’an, China.
- 2007 Participated in a series of workshop activities in Yan an, China with famous contemporary Chinese painters.
- From 2005 to start follow group led by Liu Wen Xi with the purpose of studying local rural living for inspiration and collective works.
- 2004 Participated in the celebration of the fiftieth Anniversary of the establishment of Diplomatic relations between Norway and China – The Cultural Week Exhibition.